New to WordCamp Austin is a Contributor Day on Friday Afternoon.
Contributor Day takes place on Friday, April 25, 2014 from 1pm to 5pm at The University of Texas at Austin School of Information, located just south of the main campus at 16th and Guadalupe.
We’re looking forward to having tons of great WordPress users in town for WordCamp Austin. Since the community is what makes WordPress so great, why not take advantage get everyone together to improve the WordPress project? Contributor Day is an opportunity for you to make your own, well, contribution to WordPress!
Whether you’re a designer, developer, systems or support specialist, or writer, there’s a way for you to contribute:
- If you’re a programmer, contribute code directly to core!*
- Write or update WordPress documentation and tutorials
- Create visual mockups of new features, or those being modified
- Help out with your knowledge of accessibility or other relevant standards
- Mobile developer? Help out with the apps!
- Answer questions on the forums and help other users or people who are new to WordPress
- Work on the wordpress.org website itself, including the plugin and theme repositories
People who come to Contributor Day will be 1000% focused on contributing to or learning to contribute to the WordPress project — although we have fun, this is a working event for contributing to the open source project—not for personal or business projects. If you’ve been looking for an opening to add your contribution to WordPress, this is the perfect opportunity!
Reservations will be required as our venue can’t accommodate everyone attending WordCamp Austin. Reservations are at no charge and additional information will be published here on the WordCamp Austin site and on our Twitter feed.